Thursday, November 6, 2008

Creative Sleeping

When being asked multiple scrutinizing questions from an important college expert about what i think about before I go to bed i answered quite simply, " Everything! " Really, my brain is like a circus before i actually fall asleep. Its chaos in the brain! Haha but I honestly believe it is my most creative time. I thnk it may be because I feel peaceful right before I go to bed or maybe because its usually so quite and dark, so there is nothing really to distract me. Maybe it helps me fall asleep. When i am stressed out or in a bad mood i always retreat to a fashion magazine, no matter where i am it is like my comfort zone. I try to keep a skecthbook by my bed just in case i get a particularly genius idea but sometimes i am just so tired that i am too lazy to blind myslef with the lamp next to my bed, sit up and actually write or draw my thought. Not to say that i dont have good ideas when i am fully conscience but its kind of fun to think that a lot of my ideas came from a place in between reality and dreams. I really appreciate that Gwen Stefani hp commercial when she says, " Sometimes its so hard to find what it is I'm trying to say. People might think you can turn creativity on and off, but its not like that, it just kinda comes out, a mash up of all these things you collect in your mind. You never know when its gonna happen, but when it does, its like magic." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FhiIV6srJ0




photo from flicker

Lots of love.....
bg




No comments: