Friday, September 17, 2010

Rodarte Spring 2011



I love designs taken from memories. Even if a group of people experienced the same thing, they all remember it differently. Memories are specific to their owners. The dress made of panels of wood-printed fabric brought me back to the way my house looked when I was a toddler. There are pictures of me in a grubby-looking pink onesie, roller in hand, painting over walls that look like this dress. The dress is literally encasing you in the walls of your past.(doesn't that sound dramatic!) As much as I love the Rodarte's swathing fabric and gauzy mix-match; this cleaner approach is just as brilliant. (they can't do wrong in my book) At the beginning of the show, after the first 6 or 7 looks I thought I had pretty much figured it out, but then came the gowns. Took my breath away. I want to wear them all at once.. that's how much I love them! I don't know what it is about gowns but they make me want to curl up by the fire and read a book. That's weird right? I don't know why but I think its more glamorous to wear something super fancy around the house and then go casual at a super fancy event.
waiting patiently,
Abby

No comments: